Guided Biofilm Therapy - what is it and how does it work?
Guided Biofilm Therapy (GBT) is the newest innovation in oral hygiene - providing amazing results in just minutes for a beautiful, clean and healthy smile. Enjoy as part of your regular dental hygiene appointment or as a 15 minute refresh in-between cleans.
GBT is a minimally-invasive oral hygiene treatment with an emphasis on prevention. The treatment uses Airflow technology to remove plaque/biofilm and stains from your teeth gently but effectively with warm water and no mess - perfect for our patients with sensitive teeth or gums and those who like to keep their teeth spotless and beautiful at all times.
How does it work?
1. Your mouth is checked by your hygienist or dentist to identify any decay or gum disease. This way we can address your individual treatment needs.
2. Teeth are ‘disclosed’ with a purple dye to make your biofilm/bacteria visible. You are then able to identify any places where you might be missing when brushing.
3. Depending on your needs, a combination of up to 3 cleaning systems are used to gently remove biofilm, staining and light deposits. The treatment is so gentle it can be used on natural teeth, restorations, braces, implants, the tongue and gums.
4. Finally, we check that all biofilm and plaque has been removed so that your mouth is spotless.
The benefits of GBT:
- Quick procedure
- Gentle, non-abrasive and pain-free
- Uses warm water - perfect for those with sensitive teeth
- Transforms the way your teeth look and feel
- Fights stains and infection
Please ask about Guided Biofilm Therapy at your next hygienist appointment, or if you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.